Reasonable adjustments disability passports
The benefits of a reasonable adjustments disability passport
The passport aims to support members and their reps to work with employers to ensure that up-to-date, appropriate, practical and correct reasonable adjustments are in place, and to:
- provide workers and their line managers with the basis for discussions and an accurate record of the reasonable adjustments that may be needed and have been agreed
- end the need to renegotiate reasonable adjustments with a new manager every time the worker changes jobs or is relocated
- provide a clear timeline for expectations and deadlines.
The reasonable adjustments disability passport allows you, the worker, to:
- explain the impact of your working conditions on you, given your personal circumstances
- explain the barriers that you encounter that stop you participating fully at work
- suggest adjustments that you think will make it easier for you to fully participate
- review the effectiveness of adjustment/s provided and the ongoing impact this has on your work
- explain any change to your health or circumstances.
- feel reassured that your manager will know what to do if you become unwell at work, when to contact emergency services and who to contact if necessary
- know how and when your manager will keep in touch should you be absent from work due to your disability
- consider including more information from your GP, specialist or other expert as appropriate to support your request.