There are nearly 60 trades councils in the London, East & South East (LESE) region with new ones being formed. The relentless work offered by Trade Union Council members and supporters can never be underestimated.
TUC LESE themed Trades Council Conference is held annually and promotes the voice of workers and the value of trade unions.
2019 - 2020
* Bromley, Greenwich & Bexley & Lewisham Trades Council Fundraiser and Social for Bromley Unite Library Strikers - Friday 22 November 2019, 8-10.30pm @ St Peter & St Pauls Church Hall - full details
* London Workers' Memorial Day, Tuesday 28 April 2020
* London, May Day and Rally - Friday 1 May 2020
* Ipswich Trades Council, May Day Festival - Sunday 3 May 2020
* Southampton & South West Hampshire Trades Council, May Day Celebration, Friday 8 May 2020
Every year in July, thousands of people to enjoy the Tolpuddle Martyrs' Festival. It is a weekend of family entertainment, stalls, political debate, comedy, music and a grand procession through the village.
Please submit available coaches and locations throughout the LESE region (contact: email@example.com)
Existing since January 1999 after the merger of the Eastern Region of the TUC with London & SE. The CWU, UNISON and PCS re-launched in 2011 as a reaction to the austerity agenda of the Coalition Government formed in 2010.
Opened out to individual Trades Councils and to anti-cuts campaigns and agreed to meet at weekends to facilitate lay rep attendance
Alternate meetings held between Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge.
TO BE CONFIRMED
Established over 12 years, SETUN aims to invite appropriate representatives in governance/decision making bodies e.g. Councillors, MPs, MEPs, but not necessarily to every meeting, to discuss issues in the region affecting trade unions and their members and communities. This includes public and private sectors, education, NHS, jobs in the region, transport, housing, environment, business, etc. Lobbying group to meet with MPs and highlight issues of concern.
Tuesday 21 January 2020, TUC Congress House
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org