1. P&O Ferries must reinstate all 800 staff and enter discussion with their trade unions.
If they fail to do this:
2. Government must be ready to run ferry services as the operator of last resort, if a ‘fit and proper’ operator cannot be found.
The government should also take action to:
3. Remove DP World’s licence to operate in the UK and they must be expelled from all free ports
4. Remove DP World from its Transport Advisory Group – and any other government advisory groups.
5. Bring forward an employment bill to ban exploitative working practices and increase penalties for breaking employment law.
This shameful act is devastating for these workers, their families and communities. Workers must be reinstated immediately - and P&O Ferries must face serious consequences.
This is a national scandal - it can't ever be allowed to happen again. This must be a turning point for workers' rights in the UK.
The government can stop this, but they will not act unless thousands of us speak up. If callous acts like this are allowed at P&O, they can happen anywhere.
Please support P&O workers by signing the petition and make sure no worker can be treated like this again.
To access the admin area, you will need to setup two-factor authentication (TFA).