Toggle high contrast

Useful Contacts - Working in the UK

Translate: Bulgarian translation English translation French translation Hungarian translation Italian translation Latvian translation Lithuanian translation Polish translation Portuguese translation Romanian translation Slovakian translation​ Russian translation​ ​Spanish translation

Join a union

A trade union will support you to deal with problems you are having at work, help you to come together with other workers to bargain with your employer to secure better pay and treatment and provide you with legal support in grievance and disciplinary processes. To find out which union you can join, go to:

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas)

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)

ACAS is a public body that promotes good workplace relations. Its national helpline offers advice on the national minimum wage, employment agencies, working time, agricultural workers’ rights and working for a gangmaster. It offers a translation service in over 100 languages.

T: 0300 123 1100 open from 8am—8pm Monday–Friday and 9am—1pm on Saturday or

Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)

The EHRC is an independent body established to help eliminate discrimination, reduce inequality and protect human rights.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice offers free, confidential advice on debt and consumer issues, benefits, housing, legal matters, employment, and immigration online and in their local offices.

Health and Safety Executive

The Health and Safety Executive is a government body that provides advice and information on health and safety issues.

T: 0300 003 1747 (8.30am—5pm)

Maternity Action

Maternity Action is a charity working to promote the rights of pregnant women and tackle discrimination. It has information on maternity rights in a number of different languages:

Enable Two-Factor Authentication

To access the admin area, you will need to setup two-factor authentication (TFA).

Setup now