The Writers' Guild of Great Britain (WGGB) represents writers in TV, film, theatre, radio, books, poetry, animation and videogames.
We represent professional writers and we also have a special (discounted) membership tier for emerging/aspiring writers. We lobby and campaign on behalf of writers, to ensure their voices are heard in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
We have national agreements (covering pay and conditions) with major industry bodies including the BBC, ITV and Pact; National Theatre, Royal Court and Royal Shakespeare Company.
- free contract vetting, advice and support
- weekly ebulletin
- members' only area of the WGGB website
- member events including free film screenings
- exclusive discounts
- free and discounted training
- pension scheme (full members only),
- welfare fund
- entry in our Find A Writer online directory (full members only)
WGGB offers a range of benefits to its members, depending on their membership tier (full, candidate, student or affiliate). The following list gives an outline of some of the main benefits, but full details of which benefits are available to which level of membership can be found at: writersguild.org.uk/member-benefits.