The professional body and trade union for registered podiatrists.
College of Podiatry (formerly known as Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (SCP)) are the only specialised TUC affiliated union representing chiropodists and podiatrists in the UK.
They represent the professional body and trade union and the College and the educational arm. They represent the best value and offer the most comprehensive range of services of any podiatry organisation in the UK.
They can help not only with day-to-day business but also at those times when you might need urgent advice. Membership means you have advice and guidance from the leaders of the profession.
Health - private sector
Health - public sector
Male 2,534 | Female 6,978 |Total 9,512
Employers represented include:
NHS, Independent Practice and private practice chiropodists and podiatrists
Chief Executive: Mr Steve Jamieson
Cost of membership
Our subscriptions range between £5.52 - £26.25 per month, depending on type of membership
They provide expert support and representation for members:
- Market leading insurance cover: including public liability and medical malpractice insurance and product liability insurance cover. A full summary of cover available is on request.
- Employment support - immediate access to professional advice and assistance in industrial relations and professional matters; plus formal representation at HCPC and local and disciplinary hearings
- Advice on starting up and managing a private practice and details of the Society’s practice accreditation scheme. Plus networking opportunities both locally and nationally
- Legal advice and support - representation at local as well as national level, plus a legal helpline
- Trade union support – national network of accredited union representatives to help you with trade union matters at a local level
- Access to members website
- Clinical guidelines and other documentation e.g. waste disposal guidelines, minimum standards guidelines
- Health and Safety support including advice on decontamination of instruments, infection control and risk assessment
- Variety of subscription payment renewal options including annual one-off payments by cheque, credit card (Access/Visa) or direct debit (with a discount for full payment by direct debit); quarterly or monthly direct debit installments
Find out more about Membership Benefits