The “Show Culture Some Love” campaign is supported by London, East & South East (LESE) Creative and Leisure Industries Committee and all the major unions in the arts & culture sector – including BECTU, Equity, the Musicians' Union, PCS and the Writers' Guild of Great Britain – as well as visual & performance artists, academics, students, individual politicians and those who love the arts.
It was launched at the LESE Conference on "The Future of Arts & Culture" March 2015.
It's main aims are to campaign for an end to the cuts in arts & culture budgets caused by the pro-austerity policies of the current government and to make the case for greater investment.
As part of this, we campaign around the following six-point programme:
(1) protect and expand public funding for arts & culture
(2) ensure public funding for arts & culture meets the condition of minimum standards of pay and employment
(3) ensure transparency of any sponsorship in arts & culture and to promote ethical policies in cultural institutions
(4) promote democratic accountability in publicly funded cultural bodies – including investigating corporate interests present on governing bodies
(5) ensure the funding and promote the role of art education in society, including free access to education
(6) tackle inequalities of access to arts & culture and its funding and to develop a socially progressive arts policy
Chair: F Rifkin (EQUITY)
Vice Chair: T Lennon (PROSPECT / BECTU)
Vice Chair: B White (MU)
Secretary: T Taylor (PCS)
Assistant Secretary: A Dupont (UNITE)
Tuesday 3 December 2019, Creative and Leisure Industries Committee
Tuesday 17 March 2020, Creative and Leisure Industries Committee
Tuesday 16 June 2020, Creative and Leisure Industries Committee AGM
020 7467 1218
020 7467 1220