Magazine which includes news stories and opinion pieces from across the South West region.
In this issue:
- Welcome message from Kev Terry, Chair, South West TUC
- The great jobs agenda - The TUC has launched a national campaign to press for better pay and working conditions in workplaces across the UK
- South West TUC Policy and Campaigns Support Officer Ines Lage peers into the murky world of ‘bad’ jobs and asks: what are unions doing to help young workers?
- Kate Bell, the TUC’s Head of Economic and Social Affairs talks about the reality of working life how it is far from good
- This summer UNISON won an important legal case to scrap Employment Tribunal fees. UNISON’s South West Regional Secretary Joanne Kaye looks at the implications of the ruling
- Guess who was at Tolpuddle? We look back at this year’s festival
- Tim Lezard discovers what unions are doing to train their members
- Policing work - Officers on the migrant beat in Cornwall
- 150 years of standing up for workers - South West TUC Regional Secretary Nigel Costley looks through the South West archives at some key moments
Download West Country Workers issue 4 (PDF)