An effective union needs two things: the first is a strong membership within the workplace; the second is high membership involvement. By encouraging members to participate, much more can be achieved than if members expect the union to ‘sort things out’.
This resource is designed to help you achieve more members and a more active membership, with a greater number of health and safety representatives. It will make you more effective on the ground – where real gains can be made – and help create a greater culture of safety in your workplace.
This guide contains a number of different sections that can be used together, or individual ones may be of particular use to your needs and situation.
The PDF version is compatible for desktop reading and to print off.
Unlike pdfs, e-books are designed to be responsive to the screen or window size. The content will reflow accordingly, and the text size can be altered too. They work on PCs; Macs, iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch; Android phones; tablets; and e-readers like Kobo. Find out how to use an e-book below.
How do I use an E-book?
iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch
- Make sure you have the ‘iBooks’ app (via iTunes). Download the e-pub file into your iBooks library.
- Use an e-reader app such as ‘Ebook Reader’ from the App Store
PCs and Macs
- If you are running Chrome as your browser we recommend you use the ‘Readium’ app : search for ‘readium’ at: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps
- Get the Adobe Digital Editions e-reader software from www.adobe.com/uk/products/digital-editions/download.html
Tablets and Android phones
- Get the ‘Adobe Digital Editions’ e-reader app from the Google Play store, or another e-reader app such as ‘Ebook Reader’
|Health and Safety and Organising - A guide for reps [PDF]||622.52 KB|
|Health and Safety and Organising - A guide for reps [e-book]||1018.92 KB|
Issued: 24 February, 2016