Nationwide Group Staff Union (NGSU) represents the views of over 12,500 employees at Nationwide Building Society. We stand for fairness, dignity and respect in the workplace and work to protect the interests of our members. We campaign for fair pay, pensions and conditions of service and provide advice on workplace issues, individual representation and legal support if things go wrong at work.
We negotiate and consult with Nationwide on all aspects of pay and conditions. This include
- the annual pay review
- performance management systems
- hours of work
- job evaluation and benefits.
We provide individual representation and legal support for members who find themselves in disciplinary action or having to pursue grievances because of unfair treatment. We seek to remedy unfairness, ensure equitable treatment and prevent victimisation. We provide advice on employment matters with expert advice from our legal advisers if required. We have a range of benefits:
- The Monthly Draw – win fantastic cash prizes!
- Free 24 hour Legal Helpline
- Free Personal Injury Claims Service
- Life Insurance Commission Rebate Schemes
- Great deals on holidays
- Discounts on goods and services – cinema tickets; family entertainment; car leasing