Read this page in Welsh
ASLEF is Britain's trade union for train drivers. Its 20,000+ members are employed in the train operating companies, the freight companies, London Underground and some Light Rapid Transport.
Britain's trade union for train drivers.
- Our 20,000+ members work for train operating companies, freight companies, London Underground and some light rapid transport.
- Benefits for members include the rights to representation, free initial legal advice and distress and hardship benefit.
- Membership rates vary depending on your salary.
Male 20,189 | Female 1,615 | Total 21,804
Cost of membership
We adopt a three tier membership rating according to your grade/seniority. Payment is via Direct Debit for all new members.
- Scale 1 - for members who are on salaries above £42,500
- Scale 2 - for members who are on salaries between £31,000 and £42,499
- Scale 3 - for members who are on salaries between £19,999 and £30,999
- Scale 4 - for members who are on salaries less than £19,999
Members of ASLEF are part of a democratically controlled union and can expect equality and fairness along with the rights to:
- receive regular information on ASLEF and its work participate in branch meetings, discussions and educational activities arranged by the Society to ensure the right to freedom of association and trade union activity needs.
- stand for election to any union position subject to the requirements of rules.
- speak and vote on all questions at the branch
- hold to account representatives elected on their behalf.
- raise questions about any matter at their branch.
- a right of appeal if disciplined by the Executive Committee
- expect protection from harassment, sexual or racial abuse
- legal assistance (subject to rule provisions) for accidents at work, injury by accident off duty(including dependants)
- free initial legal advice and other legal services
- distress and hardship benefit
- access to membership services