The TUC pensions conference is an opportunity for trade union reps, people in the pensions sector and anyone interested in pensions policy to learn about and debate the latest developments in this area.
This year's conference will be held online over four days. Each day will feature a single webinar exploring a key topic:
Guy Opperman, pensions minister; Jonathan Reynolds, shadow secretary of state; Paul Nowak, TUC; Dr Bernhard Ebbinghaus, university of Oxford; Diandra Soobiah, NEST; Terry Pullinger, Communication Workers Union; Chris Roberts, Canadian Labour Congress; Katarzyna Szwarc, LSE Grantham Research Institute; Chris Curry, Pensions Policy Institute; Cara Pacitti, Resolution Foundation; Richard Hardy, Just Transition Commission Scotland; Tom Harrington, Greater Manchester Pension Fund; Joe Anderton, Prospect
Day 1: Monday 15th March
13:00-14:40 - Investing in a just transition
As investors, pension funds have a major role in the move to a low-carbon economy. So how can we make sure they use this position to ensure we have a just transition, with the workers and communities most affected at its heart?
- Guy Opperman, minister for pensions and financial inclusion
- Paul Nowak, deputy general secretary, TUC
- Diandra Soobiah, head of responsible investment, NEST
- Tom Harrington, assistant director (investments), Greater Manchester Pension Fund
- Katarzyna Szwarc, policy fellow, LSE Grantham Research Institute
- Richard Hardy, national secretary for Scotland and Ireland, Prospect/Just Transition Commissioner Scotland
Want to hear about our latest events?
Sign up now to get it straight to your inbox
To access the admin area, you will need to setup two-factor authentication (TFA).