There are nearly 60 trades councils in the London, East & South East (LESE) region with new ones being formed. The relentless work offered by Trade Union Council members and supporters can never be underestimated.
TUC LESE themed Trades Council Conference is held annually and promotes the voice of workers and the value of trade unions.
* Dangerous Women: Celebrating 130 years of working women's fight for freedom supported by Islington Trades Council - Women's Event.
Please note change of venue: Unite the Union, Moreland Street @ 7-9pm, Friday 24 May 2019
The Women’s Liberation Movement is 50 years old this year but our fight for freedom is much older. Working women have been at the heart of the fight since the beginning of the trade union movement. Join us for our May Day celebration to hear women speak. We are taking the thread of women’s fight for freedom from 1888 and the Match Women’s Strike through the first International Women’s Day in 1910 with Clara Zetkin, Sylvia Pankhurst and working women's suffrage, the 1969 Women's Liberation Movement, Spare Rib, the Dagenham, Trico and Grunwick strikes to the present day.
Guest speakers include:
The event is intended to inspire young working people, especially young women, and trade union members from across London Trades Councils. Join us to celebrate a woman place in the workplace and remember those fantastic women who fought for dignity and equity in the workplace.
Thanks to Unite Community, Islington Branch
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - Eastbrookend Country Fair (Trade Union Marquee) - 11-4pm, Sunday 23 June 2019
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - Steam and Cider Fair, Old Dagenham Park (BDHTUC Marquee) - 11-6pm, Saturday 29 June 2019
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - One Borough Community Day, Parsloes Park (Trade Union Marquee) – 11-8pm, Saturday 20 July 2019
* London Workers' Memorial Day, Tuesday 28 April 2020
* London, May Day and Rally - Friday 1 May 2020
* Ipswich Trades Council, May Day Festival - Sunday 3 May 2020
Every year in July, thousands of people to enjoy the Tolpuddle Martyrs' Festival. It is a weekend of family entertainment, stalls, political debate, comedy, music and a grand procession through the village.
Please submit available coaches and locations throughout the LESE region (contact: email@example.com)
Existing since January 1999 after the merger of the Eastern Region of the TUC with London & SE. The CWU, UNISON and PCS re-launched in 2011 as a reaction to the austerity agenda of the Coalition Government formed in 2010.
Opened out to individual Trades Councils and to anti-cuts campaigns and agreed to meet at weekends to facilitate lay rep attendance
Alternate meetings held between Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge.
Established over 12 years, SETUN aims to invite appropriate representatives in governance/decision making bodies e.g. Councillors, MPs, MEPs, but not necessarily to every meeting, to discuss issues in the region affecting trade unions and their members and communities. This includes public and private sectors, education, NHS, jobs in the region, transport, housing, environment, business, etc. Lobbying group to meet with MPs and highlight issues of concern.
Tuesday 16 July 2019, TUC Congress House
Tuesday 21 January 2019, TUC Congress House
More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org