There are nearly 60 trades councils in the London, East & South East (LESE) region with new ones being formed. The relentless work offered by Trade Union Council members and supporters can never be underestimated.
TUC LESE themed Trades Council Conference is held annually and promotes the voice of workers and the value of trade unions.
* Ealing Trades Council supports - Southall Resists 40 - Remember Chaggar and Peach, March for Unity Against Racism - Saturday 27 April 2019
* International Workers' Memorial Day, Barking, Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - Saturday 27 April 2019
* Workers' Memorial Day - Sunday 28 April 2019
* Southampton's Workers' - Memorial Day, UNISON Memorial Bench, Andrew's Park (near East Park Road) - Sunday 28 April 2019
* Portsmouth Trades Council, Workers’ Memorial Day at Victoria Park, Portsmouth, (minutes silence at noon) - Monday 29 April 2019
* London, May Day and Rally - Wednesday 1 May 2019
* Ipswich Trades Council, May Day Festival - Sunday 5 May 2019
* Waveney Trades Council, Mayday Festival, Seagull Theatre hosting Ragged Trousered Philanthropists - Monday 6 May 2019
* Dangerous Women: Celebrating 130 years of working women's fight for freedom supported by Islington Trades Council - Women's Event, @ Islington Town Hall (Committee Rooms 5/6), 7-9pm - Friday 24 May 2019
In January 2019, Islington TUC's approval was given for an event to celebrate Women's liberation, taking the thread of women’s fight from 1888 and the Match Women’s Strike through the first International Women’s Day with Clara Zetkin, Sylvia Pankhurst and working women's suffrage, the 1969 Women's Liberation Movement, Spare Rib, the Dagenham, Trico and Grunwick strikes to the present day. The event is intended to attract and educate young working people, especially young women, and trade union members from across London Trades Councils. Guest speakers include: Sheila Rowbotham. For registration/event donations/additional information: email@example.com
* London, May Day and Rally - Friday 1 May 2020
* Ipswich Trades Council, May Day Festival - Sunday 3 May 2020
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - Love Union Event, South Street, Romford (opposite the M&S Store) - 11-1pm, Saturday 11 May 2019
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - Eastbrookend Country Fair (Trade Union Marquee) - 11-4pm, Sunday 23 June 2019
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - Steam and Cider Fair, Old Dagenham Park (BDHTUC Marquee) - 11-6pm, Saturday 29 June 2019
* Barking Dagenham and Havering Trades Council - One Borough Community Day, Parsloes Park (Trade Union Marquee) – 11-8pm, Saturday 20 July 2019
Every year in July, thousands of people to enjoy the Tolpuddle Martyrs' Festival. It is a weekend of family entertainment, stalls, political debate, comedy, music and a grand procession through the village.
Please submit available coaches and locations throughout the LESE region (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Existing since January 1999 after the merger of the Eastern Region of the TUC with London & SE. The CWU, UNISON and PCS re-launched in 2011 as a reaction to the austerity agenda of the Coalition Government formed in 2010.
Opened out to individual Trades Councils and to anti-cuts campaigns and agreed to meet at weekends to facilitate lay rep attendance
Alternate meetings held between Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge.
Established over 12 years, SETUN aims to invite appropriate representatives in governance/decision making bodies e.g. Councillors, MPs, MEPs, but not necessarily to every meeting, to discuss issues in the region affecting trade unions and their members and communities. This includes public and private sectors, education, NHS, jobs in the region, transport, housing, environment, business, etc. Lobbying group to meet with MPs and highlight issues of concern.
Tuesday 14 May 2019, TUC Congress House (AGM)
More Information: email@example.com