Current Size: 100%
Share this page
The trade union movement in Europe is organised through the European Trade Union Confederation, to which the TUC and all the other European (and not just EU) national confederations are affiliated – the TUC has four representatives on the ETUC Executive Committee. Individual unions affiliate to their European Industry Federation, which are also part of the ETUC. To see a list of members of the ETUC, and links to their websites, click here.
The TUC is in almost constant contact with other affiliated organisations through participation in ETUC meetings. We work with them on specific issues as they arise. For example :
- we participate with the DGB in the annual Anglo-German trade union forum
- we hold biennial bilateral summits with the Italian union confederations – CGIL, CISL and UIL with whom
- we attend the congresses of the French trade union confederations – CGT, CFDT and CGT-FO
- we hold regular meetings with the Turkish trade union confederations – DISK, HAK-IS, KESK and TURK-IS
- we have numerous contacts with the ICTU in Ireland.
And we are currently engaged in joint projects with:
- the CGTP-IN in Portugal around recruitment of migrant workers
- Solidarnosc in Poland around recruitment of migrant workers
- Podkrepa and CITUB in Bulgaria around information and consultation rights