Air pollution in the UK is a public health emergency. Over 40,000 people die each year from causes linked to the air that they breathe – more than obesity and alcohol combined.
Workers are exposed to and create pollution to fulfil contractual obligations to employers. It is an occupational health issue that employers take little responsibility for.
Attending this course will help you to:
• Examine why air pollution is both a workplace issue and a public health one
• Find out about air pollution busting Citizen Science techniques
• Create action plans to deal with workplace exposures
• Create action plans to meaningfully engage in air pollution with local councils
• Share experience, knowledge and ideas
Registration is required. For further information please contact Janet
Newsham on Tel 0161 6367558