The union for education professionals across the UK.
The union for education professionals across the UK. Active in the maintained, independent and post-16 sectors, we use our members' experiences to influence education policy, and we work with government and employers to defend your pay, conditions and career development.
Membership of ATL is open to all those who are employed in education, from early years through to further and higher education.
- Trainee - Membership of ATL is free to those training in the UK to be teachers, lecturers or education support staff.
- Newly qualified -is for all teachers and lecturers, including supply teachers, who are new to the position.
- FREE membership to the end of the calendar year in which you qualify
- FREE membership for the whole of the following calendar year, if you agree to pay your future membership subscriptions by direct debit
- 1/2 PRICE membership for the subsequent year.
- NQ second year £7.60 a month
- Teacher and lecturer - for all other teachers and FE and university lecturers, including supply teachers and teachers without QTS.
- Leader and manager (AMiE) - for head teachers, deputy and assistant head teachers, members of senior leadership teams including school business managers and bursars, leaders and managers at all levels in academies, further education, sixth form and adult education colleges
- Support staff - for those who have a support role in education.
- Support staff apprentices - free membership if you are working as an apprentice in a school or college on a one year placement.
- Examination Officers' Association - for members of the EOA.
- Habilitation VI (UK) - for Habilitation Specialists.
- Associate - for those involved in education but not requiring support relating to their current employment, including volunteers.