Welcome to the 40th TUC Trade Union Communication Awards. We continue using the recast categories adopted last year which place the focus on the audiences as much as the mode of delivery. And for this our 40th anniversary year only we have an additional category ‘best innovation’ which invites entries from the last 40 years. Apart from category 1 all forms of digital and multi-channel work are mainstreamed into the categories:
- Best membership communication – print journal
- Best membership communication – digital
- Best communication for reps and activists
- Best recruitment/new member communication
- Best campaign communications
- Best designed communication
- Best innovation
The cover sheets and entry forms can be found by clicking on the individual category links below. The cover sheet is the basic entry details and the entry form gathers background information about the entry. Please read the category definitions and the entry rules carefully and follow the instructions below. For categories one to six Entries must have been published/produced between March 2016 and February 2017. For category seven, best innovation, entries can come from any time in the last 40 years.
Please submit only one entry per category. Six hard copies of category one required. For the other categories the entries could be hard copy (four copies required) or digital. If digital please think about how the judges can individually appreciate any interactive aspects and give full access to links, etc.
Please return your entries marked for the attention of Alen Mathewson in the Campaigns and Communications Department, Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS
The closing date for entries is 3pm Friday 17 February 2017. Final judging will take place in May and the awards ceremony will be at Congress House on Thursday 13 July 2017 from 6pm to 8pm. Please put this date in your diary.
In order to help us compile the awards booklet please also submit a high resolution PDF of your entries or of one aspect that exemplifies your entry. For category 1 that would be a front cover. Please note that these are for illustrative purposes only and will not form part of the judging. You can send files up to 20MB as email attachments to Alen Mathewson ([email protected]). For larger files, please use a portal such as hightail.com or send them on a CD/stick.
Contact: Alen Mathewson 020 7467 1242 [email protected]
- Category 1: Best membership communication – print journal [entry form] [cover sheet]
- Category 2: Best membership communication – digital [entry form] [cover sheet]
- Category 3: Best communication for reps and activists [entry form] [cover sheet]
- Category 4: Best recruitment/new member communication [entry form] [cover sheet]
- Category 5: Best campaign communications [entry form] [cover sheet]
- Category 6: Best designed communication [entry form] [cover sheet]
- Category 7: Best innovation [entry form] [cover sheet]
The Trade Union Communications awards are open to all affiliated unions of the TUC.
Issued: 16 December, 2016